The Scorekeeper for FIRST Robotics Competition is a Key Volunteer position. Scorekeepers manage and operate the Field Management System (FMS) software for scoring and field control of FIRST Robotics Competition matches. They communicate scores, play a critical role in ensuring smooth flow of match play, and assist with maintaining the pace of the event.
*Must sign a Conflict of Interest and Disclosure Statement prior to start of service.
- Primary operator of the Field Management System software
- Work with the FTA to test and operate the playing field electronics
- Communicate with Game Announcer, MC, and A/V staff to display Match Results and Awards
- Enter alliance team pairings and award winners into FMS
- Print materials to be distributed to Lead Queuer, Pit Administration Supervisor, etc.
- Assist with assembly and disassembly of Field Management System and playing field
Experience and Skills Needed
- Must be post-high school or equivalent (minimum age of 21 at time of service)
- Exceptions may be granted by event Volunteer Coordinators after review and approval by FIRST Headquarters
- FIRST experience is desired but not required
- Ability to collaborate with others, work as a member of a team
- Detail oriented and procedural
- Concise communication skills
- Working knowledge of the competition game and Tournament rules
- Competent computer skills; working experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Self-directed individual
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Strong assessment skills
Volunteer Time Commitment
Note: Event schedules vary. Please check the event schedule and talk to your Volunteer Coordinator for detailed information on when you are expected to arrive. Volunteers should arrive on site 15-20 minutes prior to the start of every shift to allow time to check in at the Volunteer Registration table.